Softlanding helps organizations be their best by providing technology solutions and services that make them more productive. Softlanding specializes in Microsoft enterprise technology platforms, leveraging a combination of cloud, on-premises and hybrid configurations to increase productivity from the data center on out to end business users.
Softlanding requires an experienced Microsoft 365 Adoption and Success Consultant who will work as part of our Adoption and Success practice to help our clients get the most out of their Microsoft 365 investments. As part of an extended team, this role helps deliver real change and adoption within our customers by reducing implementation risk, increasing usage of existing workloads, and identifying opportunities to support additional workloads. The Adoption and Success team member must have an existing track record of working in complex environments with distributed business users and IT resources. In this role you will be working across a wide range of clients as opposed to focused on one client account.
This individual must have a good blend of people, functional, and technical skills for cross-team collaboration and support.
The successful candidate will
- Understand the client’s organizational readiness for Microsoft 365 change
- Develop and execute internal messaging related to new initiatives
- Refine and document success criteria in line with business objectives and planned Microsoft 365 capabilities
- Working with the project team and executive sponsors facilitate the creation of a stakeholder plan, including use cases and personas that are required to execute the change plan
- Develop the communication plan and artifacts
- Develop the training plan, training communications, and possibly training content
- Assist the client with identifying and implementing training applications (Brainstorm Gethelp, VisualSP, Clip Training, etc)
- Develop Champions Network within the client, and facilitate communication and learning within the Network
- Develop reinforcement plan and assist the client with interpreting the available data (Microsoft 365 dashboard, training system, etc.)
- Work both as part of a joint Softlanding delivery team, or as an individual Adoption and Success consultant within a client.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Complete change management assessments
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Consult and coach project teams
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Coach managers and supervisors
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists
- Integrate change management activities into project plan
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Manage stakeholders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Manage the change portfolio
The ideal candidate will have
- ‘Super user’-level knowledge of Microsoft 365 (Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Forms, Planner, Exchange, more)
- Prosci or other formal change management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven history as a lifetime learner
- Proven history evangelizing the importance of adoption and change management
- Attained key Microsoft certifications, or planning to do so: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals, Microsoft Service Adoption Specialist
This is a full-time/ regular staff role open to anyone remotely within Canada. A greater number of our clients are currently in Western Canada which may result in working hours being more pacific time-zone based initially. Metro-Vancouver based applicants have the option of an office location, post covid re-opening.