Softlanding helps organizations achieve their best by providing technology solutions and services that make them more productive. Our offerings focus on professional services as well as managed services. Softlanding specializes in Microsoft enterprise technology platforms, leveraging a combination of cloud, on-premises and hybrid configurations to increase productivity from the data center to end business users.
We're on the hunt for an intermediate level consultant that will identify client business needs and implement Microsoft based technology solutions. The Microsoft Hybrid Infrastructure Consultant must have an existing track record of designing and deploying Microsoft solutions based on cloud and on-premises such as Azure and Windows Server.
This individual must have a good blend of people, functional, and technical skills for cross-team collaboration and support. This is a client facing position and candidates must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions or workshops with customers to gather project objectives
- Design and implement technical solutions
- Write technical documentation including design documents, as-built guides, and statements of work
Mandatory Skills and Experience (at least three of the following):
- Active Directory Domain Services (promote/demote domain controllers, assisting with domain migrations)
- Azure Infrastructure-as-a-Service (Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines)
- PowerShell (writing scripts from scratch, using the Active Directory PowerShell module)
- VMware (deploying single ESXi nodes, operational tasks with vSphere)
- Windows Server (two of the following: 2012, 2016, 2019)
Nice-to-Have Skills and Experience:
- Azure Active Directory (some experience with one of the following: Multi-Factor Authentication, Conditional Access, Azure Active Directory Connect, Enterprise Applications with SAML)
- Windows Virtual Desktop or similar VDI technology (VMware Horizon or Citrix XenApp or XenDesktop)
- Active Directory Certificate Services (maintaining certification authorities)
- Active Directory Federation Services (certificate renewal, configuring relying party trusts)
- Network Policy Server (configuring policies)
- Routing and Remote Access Server (Always On VPN, site-to-site VPN)
- Hyper-V (deploying single nodes or operational tasks)
- SQL Server (installation and basic configuration of storage, database, and log file locations)
- Networking (understanding of subnetting and basic troubleshooting)
- Backup and Disaster Recovery (Azure Backup or Veeam Backup)
- Microsoft Certifications (Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals or similar, MCSA or similar)
Softlanding is headquartered in Vancouver, BC and has a growing team across Canada, with all positions being 100% remote. We encourage qualified applicants from any Canadian province to apply. We thank you for your interest in Softlanding, and look forward to hearing from you.
(Your resume is kept in confidence and will not be shared with any 3rd party or agency)